Gone are the days of the £2 American chocolate advent calendars, that your mum told you would be disgusting but you wouldn’t listen, because she’s never right. Chocolate is out and ‘beauty’ calendars are in. Its basically another present, a countdown of small presents until you get the big presents on the 25th.
We have filtered through beauty calendars for you (you can thank us later), here are our favourites.
Oh and just giving you the heads up, they ain’t cheap, you often only get a countdown of 12… and they are travel sizes. But sometimes a girl just needs one!
£50 or below:
- Tanya Burr 12 sweet days, £30 (Superdrug currently have it on sale). You get glitter pots, glitter liners, lip glosses and nail polishes. Perfect for those christmas parties
- Superdrug Bloom 12 days of christmas. £24 (Superdrug currently have it on sale). Perfumes and lots of perfumes. Great for girls that love smellies or great for those that could do with freshening up.
- NYX Lippie Countdown. £50. 24, yes a 24 day countdown. Thank you NYX! Lipsticks, creams and gloss. If you are planning on kissing people under the mistletoe, this calendar is for you.
- Ciaté. £50. We had last years version of this, and loved it. Every shade you could possibly need and glitters to match. (also a 24 day countdown) If you get this one or buy it for someone you’ve nailed it.
- OPI £63. If you want to treat a nail fanatic this year, how about this? This 24 day countdown contains 25 3.75ml nail polishes, in a range of colours.
- Clinique. £75. Everything you need in one handy box. Skincare, makeup and a blush brush. It has it all.
- Clarins. £90. The best of their skincare, in a calendar. If you are like us and adore their products, then this could be the one. Anyway skincare is important, you need to look good when you sit on Santas lap to ask for a new handbag.
£100 and counting…
- Molten Brown. £165. keeps you smelling nice for 24 days. Santa’s a lucky guy.
- Esteé Lauder. £125. This could be the prettiest looking calendar this year. Filled with the leading brands skincare, makeup and hair essentials. What more could a beauty addict ask for???
- Jo malone. £300. Everyones favourite christmas present, in an advent calendar. Mini fragrances, washes and candles, the ultimate advent calendar, just try and not cry at the price.
- Diptyque Paris. £300. Another eye watering price. Theres no way of getting round the expense but it is filled with the best products… and you get free delivery. So you’re saving money right??… only costs £300 rather than £303.75.
- Fenwick (in store only). £150 This is the one I’m most excited about. It has everything, just like a sunday roast with all the trimmings. Charlotte Tilbury, MAC, Esteé Lauder, NARS, Giorgio Armani, we could go on and on! brb just running to Fenwick to buy this, surely someone will lend us the money.
If you have just rolled your eyes and said ‘so bloody american’ then are you a farmer? Because our dad did the same.
Christmas is by far the best time of the year, and we have birthdays that last the whole month. You get to eat as much as you like, watch as many films as humanly possible, you get to wear four thousand layers (approx.) and your dad finally lets you put the heating on.
So we say, treat yourself or someone else. Splash out on a ridiculously expensive advent calendar, but I promise every morning you will be singing loud for all too hear… Thats the best way to spread Christmas cheer.
Be quick, they often sell out very quickly, so start dropping subtle little hints. MUM, MADDEY WANTS THE NYX ADVENT CALENDAR, WE ARE ALSO HAPPY TO SHARE THE FENWICK ONE. There are thousands of brands jumping on this bandwagon, all varying in price, these are just some of our favourites.
PICTURES TAKEN FROM NYXCOSMETICS.CO.UK, CLARINS.CO.UK & FENWICK.CO.UK.